Dear family and friend, This week has been busy as always. Our work is never done right. We have seen many miracles this week though and we are starting to find more people to teach. We knocked on a man's door named Steve and talked about prophets and the Book of Mormon. After telling him about Joseph Smith, he said he feels like Joseph and is not sure which church he should join. We have met with him twice now. We invited him to church but he did not come. The Lord also led us to a man named Darin Smith. Darin has lead a hard life and he was already over come drugs and alcohol addictions. He says he was been clean for years. He has a lot of questions about God and is looking for peace in his life. I hope we will be able to bring him some of the peace he is searching for.
We taught the Joyner family again last night. For our lesson we read with them Moroni 10 and talked about what it says in there. Then we committed them to pray to God about the Book of Mormon and ask God if it is true. They said yes they would pray about it. So hopefully they will pray this week and get an answer to their questions.
Part of our area is very country and it is like driving through the woods to get to some members houses. We have seen so many animals. There are squirrels and rabbits running all over the place. On member showed us their ponies, donkey, and goat. That was fun. And they say there are coyotes and bobcats all around this parts.
On Saturday there was the Lucas founders day celebration. Sister Borg and I were able to do some service there. We had the opportunity to help lead the ponies around while children rode on them. That was fun but I did get sunburn on my neck.
2nd ward had their Halloween trunk or treat. It was huge, and like a mini carnival. I have never seen a trunk or treat this big before. They had a little train ride going around, cotton candy, and all kinds of games for the children. Sister Borg and I were able to meet more ward members and some non-member friends there too.
Jasmine, I am sorry to hear that you have Crohn disease but I am also glad that they finally round out what is wrong with you. I hope that you start to finally feel better with the treatments. You are in my prayers and the Lord will bless you and help you.
Jayne, I hope all goes well for you as you start radiation treatments. Good luck with that and with trying to find a new job.
I love you all and hope you have a great Halloween.
Love, Sister Keys
MOM thank you for the package it made my day. Thanks for sending me my clothes. And thanks for the cereal, Sister Borg laughed at me when I pulled that out for I was so excited when I saw it in there. I am mailing you a package today of MTC pictures and my journal and other random things. I hope you get it. I love you with all my heart and am so grateful for all your love and support and great example you are to me.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment