Happy Thanksgiving friends and family!!!
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving day and remember all the ways the Lord has blessed you.
Sister Borg and I will be spending Thanksgiving at a member's home and we are excited for that. We are also trying to get one of our investigators to come with us but we will see how that goes.
This week ended my first transfer. I can't believe that is already the end of 6 weeks, the time went by so fast. Sister Borg and I are not being transferred, which I am glad for because we have some great things planned for the holidays here and the work here in Allen is really starting to pick up.
I love Sundays. This Sunday we had 6 people come to church. I love to hear how people feel after their first time coming to church and how the Spirit testifies to them during the meetings. It is a miracle.
Francine has been coming to church for the past few weeks but would not let Sister Borg and I come over to teach her and this week she finally called us and asked if we could come over and answer some questions she had. We went over there and talked to her and her son Harrison (who is 11 years old), answered some of her questions, and taught her some more about the Restoration. She is going to be baptized! she just needs to set a date now!!! I know that it was nothing we really did but that it was the Holy Ghost.
Also this week we were able to get back over to Donnie's. She has been in and out of the hospital with cancer. We went over to her house twice this week and she came to church on Sunday for the first time. She told us that us coming and teaching her about the gospel has brought hope back into her life. She is very close to the Spirit and can tell when the Spirit is testifying of truth to her. She told us she was been to many different churches before. And sometimes when the preachers start saying things that she knows is not of God, she has stood up in the middle of their preaching and yeld at them how they are wrong and leading these people down to hell. She is a funny lady and very blunt and will tell you what she thinks. I love teaching her. After sacrament meeting she told us she loved it and wants to come back next week too.
Happy Thanksgiving again. I love you.
Love,
Sister Keys
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment