Friday, January 23, 2009

Baptismal date and Christmas lights-December 1, 2008

Hello family and friends,

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We had dinner at some members home and it was very good. It was just them and their four children and mother-in-lay, and Sister Borg and I. So it was a very small Thanksgiving than what I am use to. But it was nice and the food was very good. That night we also went over to Donnie's. We played a game with her four children and then watched the Restoration movie with them. It was a good day.

We went over to Donnie's on Wed too. And we talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ. She committed to being baptized! We set a date for the end of Dec. We also talked about the word of wisdom with her that night and she has a problem with drinking coffee and tea. But she said she would try to give it up. We went back over to see her on Sunday night and how she was doing with keeping the word of wisdom. She was not had any tea or coffee since Wed when we taught her. And she told us that she didn't even think about it, it had not even crossed her mind that she had not drunk any until we asked about it. The Lord blessed her with keeping that commitment. The Lord truly does provide away for us to keep his commandments and helps our weaknesses become strengths. She also told us that she feels such peace and comfort whenever we come over. I just love being an instrument in the hands of the Lord and helping others feels the Holy Ghost. I am so excited for Donnie to get baptized and to just be a very small part of that.

I love this time of year. The day after Thanksgiving everyone started to put up their Christmas lights and decorations. It is so fun driving at night now and seeing all the lights on the houses. We went over to the Decker's, Brother Decker is a recent convert, on Friday and they gave us lights and stockings to decorate our apartment with. So now our apartment is a little festive.

This weekend while tracting Sister Borg and I got treated like dogs. We knocked on this man's door and started to talk to him. He said he was not interested and Sister Borg asked him one more question. And he responded by saying, like you would to a dog that is not yours, "Go away now" and he even used his hand to wave us away. We turned around and left and while walking away, I turned to Sister Borg and said, "I think we just got treated like dogs." Then we laughed it off and move on. People do say some funny things at doors.

I know the Lord is there for us. And He does not give us any commandment that we cannot do. He will provide away for us to keep all the things He commands us to do. If we turn to Him and trust in Him, He will make weak things become strong for us. Through the Atonement we can be saved. If we turn to Jesus Christ and let the Atonement into our lives we can be freed from guilt and sorrow. The Lord is waiting with open arms for each one of us to turn to Him and He turns no one away.

Love,
Sister Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment