Dear family and friends,
This week we had interviews with President Smith, our mission president. It was so nice to meet with him. He is a great man and very inspired in his calling.
Earlier this week we met a lady named Joyce. We knocked on her door and all I got out was we are coming around to talk to people about the gospel of Jesus Christ, or something like that, and she started going off about Chirst and invited us in to talk. She was a fun lady. We talked about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. And she tolds some of the beliefs some of her friends have that she does not agree with. Like this one man was telling her how if you want something all you have to do is claim it by touching it. For example if you want a certain car then you go up to the car and put your hand on the car and say you claim it, then God will give you that car. It was so funny she was just going off about how she doesn't believe God works that way. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she said she was going to read it and that we could come back to see how her reading went.
While tracting we knocked on this ladies house who is Baptist and she in a very polite way told us we are not Christian, that we are of the devil and are going to hell. All we could do was bear our testimony of Jesus Christ and how we know that it is only through Christ that we can be saved.
Sister Borg and I had an opportuinty this week to teach some of the young women how to do missionary work. And it we went to the stake Relief Society training meeting with all the ward relief society precidencies there. We talked to them about how to be a member missionary. How to talk to people about the gospel. It is so weird to be teaching and having people take notes while I talk. On Sunday Dec. 7th we are going back into our ward Refief Societies to teach them more about how to talk to people and how to handle rejection. That will be weird teaching in Relief Society. I still feel so young to be teaching these great ladies. But I know it will go well with the Lord's help.
We are still teaching Steve and he is still coming to church. This Sunday he went to Sunday School and Priesthood meeting and really enjoyed both, which is a miracle and blessing.
I know Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that it is only through Him we are saved. He is the only way to return to our Heavenly Father. It is through His grace that we are saved. He is my Savior and Redeemer. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God's church on the earth today. We do have a living prophet today, even Thomas S. Monson.
I love you and please keep the letters coming!!!
Love,
Sister Keys
PS. Tell everyone in the ward hi for me too. And that I am grateful for all their support and love. You should see how many twins are in our wards. I have lost count to how many there are. Sister Bory and I joke that there is something in the water here in Allen that makes you have twins. And there are about 15 ladies expecting at this time. The primary and youth are so huge here.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment