Friday, January 23, 2009

Book of Mormon Pageant and more-November 10, 2008

Hello family and friends,

This week I had my first zone conference. That was amazing!!! And very uplifting. Pres and Sister Smith and the APs talk to us about the importance of being a good example. Always be a good example because you never know who is watching you or what kind of an influence you are having on peoples lives.

Sister Borg and I also got a new car that same day! She calls it our grandmother car because it is gold color! But it is always nice and fun to get a new car.

On Saturday, Nov. 8, we had the opportunity to go to the Book of Mormon pageant. Some of the members have this huge property with woods behind their home. So you put on this pageant and they took nine scenes from the Book of Mormon and act them out. It is very well done with costumes and very thing. The men that are in it love it for they get to grow beards and have those in church will the pageant is going on. You take a walk through the woods and come upon the different scenes and they talk and act them out. Some of the scenes they did were Lehi and his family, King Benjamin, Alma and the waters of Mormon, Alma the younger and the sons of Mosiah, Captain Moroni, Helaman and the mothers of stripling warriors, 3 Nephi, Mormon, and Moroni. It really makes the Book of Mormon come to life and the spirit there is so strong. I loved having the opportunity to see it and hear who people were now more excited to read the Book of Mormon. Truly the Book of Mormon is the word of God.

Steve came to church again yesterday! I love seeing him at church and I know the Lord has great things planned for him. We are still teaching him and helping him read the whole Bible and Book of Mormon. I is such a joy watching people's testimonies build and grow. The other day he asked us if we wanted him to be a Christian or a Mormon and I replied both. He is learning the importance of Christ and why we need a Savior and who Jesus Christ really is. It is such a joy to teach him.

I love you all and you are in my prayers. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and only through him can we be saved. He is the way, the light, and the life. Have faith and miracles will happen. Miracles are everywhere if you just have faith to see them.

Love,
Sister Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment