Friday, January 23, 2009

MTC Letter Tuesday September 30, 2008

Dear family and friends,

Greeting from the MTC! So far I am having a great time here. I love the people here, everyone is so nice and helpful. My companion is Sister Earl and she is great. My district has 6 elders and 4 sisters in it. The elders are such gentlemen, they even stand for us sisters when we go to sit down during meals. My branch president's name is Pres. Boyer and he to went to Texas on his mission. I am the only one in my district going to Texas. But the great thing I just found out is I am leaving at the same time as everyone else in my district. There was an error in the computer with my wrong leaving date. So now I leave on Oct 13 with the rest of my district.

Sunday was an amazing day. It was fast Sunday so we had a mission conference and the mission president and his counselors spoke to us. That night we had a fireside with Brother Stephen Allen, who is from the mission department back in Salt Lake. His talk was so good. It was about the importance of companionship. And how are companion is there to help protect us and keep us save. It was a very spiritual day. We had sacrament with our branch and I was brave enough to stand up and bear my testimony.

On Monday Sept. 29, Sister Earl and I had our first appiontment at the Training Resource Center. And that is where we teach an "investigator." Member volunteers come to be our investigators and we taught the first lesson. The man's name who we taught was Frank and it went well. My face was bright red the whole lesson but we were able to teach all of the lesson. He was nice to us and did not ask to many hard questions.

I am already use to wearing a skirt all day lone, which is weird for me to say! And I am already use to hearing Sister Keys!!! The food here is very good and I can see why so many people gain weight here, for there is so much food to eat at every meal. I am trying to be good and watch what I eat so I don't over eat.

I am loving the MTC. And I am so glad to be here. There is so much to learn and to study. I know this gospel is true. I am excited to go and share this message with the people in Dallas Texas.

Thank you everyone who as already sent me letters. It was great to hear from you. And please keep them coming!!! I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment