Dear family and friends,
It has been an interesting week. I really don't like the flu season, a lot of people cancelled on us because they were sick. But the Lord helped us know what to do to still be effective and gained a stronger testimony of having good back up plans.
This week we taught Bruce the plan of salvation and he came to church again. He keeps asking us why he had to wait so long in his life to learn about these things. Every time we teach him too he has a notebook out and takes notes through the whole lesson. He has a huge hunger to learn all that he can and his testimony of the gospel is growing. He told us he loves coming to church and feels comfortable there and at peace. The Spirit is always very strong around him and at Sister Jone's home and I know it is the Spirit that is really teaching him and helping him understand. The Holy Ghost is the one that converts people.
Ginny is also doing well. She came to church again this week, that makes 2 times in a row. And still is excited to be baptized on Nov. 14. On of our lessons this week we taught about following the prophet and watched Pres. Monson's April 2009 gen. conf. talk. After we asked how she felt and she told us it felt like he was talking just to her. And that she never has heard someone speak before with such power and love and confiction. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God. He is God's mouth piece on the earth today. If we follow his guidance and counsel we will have peace and happiness in this life. Each and every one of us can find out for ourselves if Pres. Monson is a prophet of God through sincere pray to our Heavenly Father. I know God does hear and answer our prayers.
So really fast I have a funny story for y'all. Yesterday while we were tracting I knock on this woman's door. She called out for us to come in but I was not about to walk into that house for we had no idea what was on the other side of the door. Finally she came to the door and walked right out. I was the closest to the door. And as she walked out she said, "I just need some hug n' love n' and church right now." Then she threw herself around me and gave me this BIG LONG HUG. And she even kissed me on the cheek. I am pretty sure she was a little drunk too. My companions and I just walked away for her door laughing. That is a first for me while tracting. You just never know what you are going to find when knocking doors.
I love y'all. Have a great week.
Love,
Sister Keys
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment