Dear family and friends,
How has every ones week gone? I hope you were able to watch some of general conference. I loved it. All of conference was just amazing. I know we have a living prophet on the earth today.
We had 3 people come and watch conference. Craig went to the priesthood session Sat. night and then came again Sunday and stayed for both sessions. He enjoyed it a lot and just soaked everything up. We asked him how he felt between sessions and he said he felt very comfortable.
Bruce also came. He is a member referral that we just started to teach. And he also stayed for both sessions on Sunday.
George and Angel watched some of conference. They are getting married on Tues. and are still working on quiting smoking for George to get baptized in a few weeks.
There were so many good talks from conference it is hard to choose a favorite. I really liked Elder Holland's and thought is was very powerful. I wanted to stand up too and tell the whole world that I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I bear testimony for heaven and earth to know that I know the Book of Mormon is true. In it we find the gospel of Jesus Christ pure and simple in its fullness.
I think that the overall theme that I got out of conf. was love. Love God with all our heart and love His children. That if we truly love God we will keep His commandments. And if we love God we will love His children. When we love others we desire to serve them. Love should be what motivates us to do all things. Out of love we will seek to serve others everyday. Go out each day and find ways to serve someone in need.
The theme that I got out of conf. was love. Love God with all our heart and love His children. That if we truly love God we will keep His commandments. And if we love God we will love His children. When we love others we desire to serve them. Love should be what motivates us to do all things. Out of love we will seek to serve others everyday. Go out each day and find ways to serve someone in need.
If you did not have the opportunity to watch conf. I strongly advise you to read it or listen to it online. I promise that as we study and apply the teachings from the prophets and apostles that more peace and direction will come into our lives.
I love this work. I know Pres. Monson is God's living prophet on the earth today. Joseph Smith did restore Christ's church on the earth today. Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer.
I love y'all and hope you have a wonderful week.
Love,
Sister Keys
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment