Monday, November 16, 2009

Baptismal Dates-September 26, 2009

Dear family and friends,

What a week it has been! Lots of great things are happening here and I am just so happy and humbled that the Lord is allowing me to be a witness to all.

Thursday our stake had a recent convert temple trip. We took a lot of the recent converts down to the temple and did baptisms for the dead. We got permission to go the temple with them. Asheley drove us down, she was baptized in June. At the temple on of the stake pres. members told us there where about 41 people from our stake to do baptisms and most of them were recent converts. A lot of them it was their first or second time going to the temple. It was just so amazing to be a part of this and see them all dressed in white. And to be helping so many people on the other side who can't do this work for themselves. This is want missionary work is all about, helping people make it to the temple so that families can be together forever.

Sunday we taught Bruce Epple and Sister Jones the gospel of Jesus Christ. At the beginning of the lesson I asked Bruce what he thought of Joseph Smith and he replied that he finds it hard not to believe and bore his testimony of how great it is to have a prophet on the earth today to guide us in our time. We taught them about faith, repentance, baptism, and receiving the gift of the holy ghost, and hte importance of enduring to the end. The Spirit was very strong there testifying of the truthfulness of these things. At the end of the lesson we asked Bruce if he would follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized. Without even pausing Bruce said yes he would like that. We set a date of Nov. 14 with him. As we were leaving I told Bruce that know I was going to start calling him Bro. Epple and he just smiled and agreed.

We now have 3 people getting baptized on Nov. 14. Ginny, who is doing great and has come to church now 3 times in a row these past three weeks. George is also scheduled to be baptized on that date too. And now Bruce will be joining them.

The Lord is blessing us so much. I know it is the Holy Ghost that converts people and I am just the instrument. The Lord did it all and I just an honored to be as a witness to all these miracles here!

I know that Jesus Christ lives! He suffered and died for my sins. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is His church on the earth today.

I love y'all. And pray y'all have a great week.

Love,
Sister Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment