Hello family and friends,
I hope all y'all had a great week last week. My week went very well. The Lord cont. to bless us and help us every step of the way.
Thursday morning Sister Blickfeldt and I had the opportunity to get up early and go teach seminary in the morning. That was a great experience. We shared with them what we had learned from Elder Ballard and Pres. Uchtdorf.
Also that day we received an amazing phone call. Bro. Roberts, in the ward, called us and told us he talked to his less-active daughter and her boyfriend and they both agreed to take the missionary lessons! We were so excited to teach them for we had asked them once before if they would take the lessons but Taunya, his daughter, was not ready. So Sunday we went over to Bro. and Sis. Roberts home and taught Taunya and Rusty about the Restoration. The Spirit was very strong and Rusty was very interested. He can feel the difference in the Roberts home and wants to know what makes it so different.
I love seeing the change that happens in people as they start to do the things that will bring them closer to the Lord. Wed. night we were teaching Craig and Pattie and at the end we asked if there was anything we could do for them. Pattie broke her ankle and she can't put any weight on it for a few weeks, so she is stuck in bed. Craig told us he needed to wash Pattie's hair but he is very busy with homework and did not know how he was going to do it. We told him we would do it, and we got a bucket and washed her hair right there and then. It was actually very fun. Well a few days later Craig called us up and told us how much that meant to him and Pattie. And it made him realize he needed to get out of himself and go do some service for someone else. And Saturday morning he went over to this ladies home with a member and helped her with her yardwork and fixing her bathroom. It was very touching to see him going out and trying to serve others.
Hope y'all are getting ready for General Conference this weekend. I know I am very excited to hear from living prophets today!!! I love general conference. What a blessing to have prophets and apostles on the earth today. I am looking forward to hearing what the Lord has to tell us through His prophets.
I love y'all. And have a great week.
Love,
Sister Keys
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment