Monday, October 26, 2009

A Full Heart-October 12, 2009

Dear family and friends,

My heart is very full this week. So many miracles and amazing things happened this past week.

Wed. we went to Zone Conf. and during lunch Pres. and Sister Smith informed Sister Blickfeldt and I that we were getting a new sister joining us today. We are a 3-some again. This is now my 4th three-some on my mission, and that is great for I love them. Sister Aston is our new companion. She was been serving in the Nauvoo mission for the past 6-7 months and will be in Texas for 6 months. She is a great missionary and a huge blessing to us. So after Zone Conf we had to go to the mission office and pick her up.

Friday we had one of the best lessons with an investigator of my mission. We taught Genny the 3rd lesson, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As we were teaching the Spirit was very strong. She told us she knows Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and this gospel is what she was been looking for her whole life. She is a very prepared and chosen daughter do God. Anyways after my companion taught about repentance, I felt prompted to pause in our lesson for a min. and asked Genny how she felt right then. She said she felt very peaceful and comfotable. I pointed out that was the Holy Ghost testifing to her that this things are true. And then I bore my testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel and of Joseph Smith and Jesus Christ. And then I committed her to be baptized. She said she still was a little scared and was not sure because she felt she doesn't know enough yet. The members we had jumped in and talked to her about being scared and helpped her overcome some of her fears. I told her that I had been praying for a long time about a baptismal date and felt that she should be baptized on Nov. 14. She replied that Nov 14 sounded perfect and committed to be baptized on that date!!! Genny came to church for the first time on Sunday and told the Elders that this whole experience has been a life changing experience for the better. After leaving her house that night I knew that this in one of the reasons why I came on a mission. Lessons like that and people like Genny make all the hard times and trails worth it all. And I would give anything to be able to stay here for other 18 months at least.

On Sunday we were able to see 3 people come to church too. It fills me with joy to see people come to church and feel the Spirit .

I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church . Jesus Christ is my Savior. He personally suffered for my sins and my weaknesses and my pains. And through Him I can be forgiven and return to live with my Heavenly Father again. Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and he restored Christ's church back onto the earth again. God hears and answers my prayers. I know that my Redeemer lives!

I love y'all and pray you too may see many miracles this week. God bless you.

Love,
Sister Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment