Monday, November 16, 2009

November 9, 2009

Dear family and friends,

I hope y'all had a great week and that you were able to see many miracles. We had a very busy and full week this last week and the Lord blessed us greatly.

On Sunday we had 6 investigators come to church!!! I was so happy to see so many people at church and feeling of the Spirit there. It was all the hand of the Lord that they all came. Seeing this many people at church was a testimony builder for me for more than half of them are struggling with huge health problems and did not feel the greatest but they still came to church and showed us that they are willing to put the Lord first above everything else.

I want to tell you about 2 of the people that came to church, their names are Gloria Jean and Sharon. We tracted into Gloria Jean a little over a week ago and left her a Restoration pamphlet to read, this was on a Friday. The Sunday following that, Nov. 1, we went back to teach her and she had read the pamphlet starting at the beginning through Joseph Smith. When we sat down she taught us the lesson of what she learned from the thing she read. Her understanding was just amazing. But when we started to talk about the Book of Mormon she kind of closed off and said she doesn't want to read that book. We found out she had met with missionaries before and even went to church with them once but did not have a great experience. We talked more about Joseph Smith and if he really was a prophet of God what would that mean to her. And she agreed to give us one more chance and hear us out. So we set up a time to come back. We went back on Wed. and the first thing she said to us was, "Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and he got the authority from God."!!! We told her she was right he is a prophet of God. And how prophets write scripture. We talked about the Book of Mormon and how it is another testament of Jesus Christ. Gloria commited to read just one chapter from the Book of Mormon and then she even committed herself to come to church on Sunday. She said if we found her a ride to church she would be there, and we of course agreed to find her a ride.

Then on Saturday we went back with a member that had agreed to pick them up for church. As we were waiting outside for the member to show up, Gloria told us her daughter, Sharon, agreed to come to church with her. Sharon was there and sat in on the lessons with us. To start off the lesson we asked how her reading went. Gloria said, " Them were some powerful scriptures. I read the whole chapter and I never read a whole chapter. As I was reading I felt it and the more I read the stronger I felt." Then we talked about what to expect at church tomorrow. They are both amazing and in the lessons they overcome their own concers for themselves.

And as I said they both came to church on Sunday and stayed for all 3 hours. They really loved it and Sharon told us she is very interested now in learning more.

Our focus as a mission this transfer is the Book of Mormon. And I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. People become converted as they read it. As we study and read from the Book of Mormon we come closer and closer to the Lord. Study from the Book of Mormon every day and your day will go better.

I love y'all and pray y'all have a great week.

Love,
Sister Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment