Howdy family and friends,
Things are crazy here but fun and great. This week we had so many spiritual highlights, it has been amazing. We have so many people we are teaching in these two areas. The Lord is blessing us with lots of work to do. Anyways I will tell you of just some of my highlights from this week.
We had zone conference and pres. interviews both this week. Those are always so uplifting and a spiritual boast for the week.
Saturday was the best day of the week. Earlier this week we received a referral from a member and he set up an appt. for us with a co-worker for Sat. Bro. Brown does not live in our area but his friend Julian Martinez lives in Terrell. That morning we met both of them at a park in Terrell. Brother Brown had brought a Book of Mormon that he had marked and written his testimony in the front of to give to Julian. When Julian showed up he was so excited to listen to what we had to teach him. He was very hungry to learn and very open. The Lord has been preparing him so much. He told us a little about his life and he has lived a hard life. He is looking and seeking for forgiveness from the Lord for past wrongs. And just kept asking us if God is merciful. I could just feel the love our Heavenly Father has for him and that he is a chosen son of God. The Lord has been preparing Julian and I know he is prepared to receive the fullness of the gospel. Julian also asked us if he would have to give up some of the kinds of movies and music he listens too, he has a great desire to want to please the Lord. As we taught him, he was like a sponge just soaking up all that we told him. I don't think I have taught anyone this prepared and ready before on my whole mission. It just a even great testimony to me of the power of member missionary work. If Brother Brown had not invited Julian to listen to the missionaries who knows what would have happened. Members truly do make the best finders!!!
My love for the people here continues to grow with ever min. I have only met some of the people the sisters were teaching here in Mesquite only once so far, but I already love them. I want to help them in anyway that I can. And I can see them as the sons and daughters of God that they are.
The Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. Through the Atonement our hearts and very natures can change. With the Lord's help we can do anything. Christ is always there for us and is waiting for us to turn to Him. He never gives up on us or forsakes us. It is us that give up on ourselves. Always remember He is there and that He loves you so much that He even died for you.
I love y'all. May God bless you.
Love,
Sister Keys
Jeanne included the following in a letter to her mom.
Mom,
This week has been crazy busy covering both areas. We have so much to do and we are teaching so many people. I don't deserve all that the Lord is blessing me with.
Sister Walch and Sister Joseph are amazing. I am go grateful to be serving with them.
Jose, Jessica, and Paul are doing great. Jose is praying about a baptismal date. Jessica fasted and prayed this week to find out if Joseph Smith is a prophet. I am excited to teach them this week and see how it went.
We put about 60-70 miles on our car everyday. But thinks should get better this week now that we had a chance to plan things out and figure out with area we will be in each day.
I moved in with Sisters Walch and Joseph since it was easier to move one person's things and not two. We live with a member. We live in their upstairs. We live with Elder and Sister Fluckiger, Elder Fluckiger is an area seventy. I love them so much. Sister Fluckiger is like a mom away from home to us and takes great care of us and is always looking out for us. I love living with them. You would love them too. There is no bed for me so I spent this week sleeping on a cot that the Fluckigers let me borrow. Today we found an air mattress so hopefully that will help me sleep better.
Our address here is
579 N. Collins Rd
Sunnyvale, TX 75182
But I still have the apt. address in Terrell for half my stuff is still there. And I check the mail there still too so either address is fine.
201 Timbers Court #308
Terrell, TX 75160
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment