Dear family and friends
So many exciting things have happened this week that I want to tell y'all. Hopefully I can remember everything that I wanted to write.
Lets see, first, we had transfers Tuesday. My new companion is Sister Biddle. We served together in the same district when I first came out here. She is a great missionary. She is from Billings, Montana and has been out on her mission for 15 months now. I am so excited to work with her and we have already seen miracles together.
At transfers I found out so great news. Some missionaries, I don't remember who, found Donnie Hill in the hospital and she still wants to be baptized. She has another baptismal date too. Also Kim Cooper and her husband Art are getting baptized this month!!! I love being able to hear about people I taught and how they are progressing, it brings such joy that I can't explain it.
Now that I am thinking about all this Tuesdays was a very good day, no it was a great day. That same night we taught Jessice again. This was Sis. Biddle’s first time meeting her. We talked about recognizing the Spirit with her again for she still had questions about that. At the end of the lesson we asked if she had any more questions. She said no she had no more questions, we had answered all of them. Miracle! That was the first time she did not have a million questions to fire at us. We asked if she had any more comments or anything she wanted to say and her response was, "No, I am done." That kind of scared me for a few seconds, I was worried about what she meant by done. Did she mean she as done with meeting with us or was it something else. Then Sister Biddle asked what the next step for her was. She said, "The next step for me is to get baptized. There is only one thing I disagree with about in the church, and that is coffee. But that is a small thing and I am willing to sacrifice it. So the next step is for me to get baptized." What a dream and miracle. She was to check her work schedule for a date but she is thinking about getting baptized the first week of June. She has changed so much since last week. I love seeing the change that comes over people when they are truly converted to the Lord. It is the Holy Ghost that converts people.
Friday Sister Biddle and I had the opportunity to go to mission council. This is were all the zone leaders, assistants, and mission pres. get together and talk about how to improve the mission and what things they need to focus on this transfer to farther the work along here. This was my second time being able to go to this. I love being able to see the leadership in this mission in action. I know they are inspired of God. The Lord's hand is over this work and He guides it according to His will.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's church on the earth today. He is the head of this church. Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God. Joseph Smith did see God the Father and Jesus Christ. God hears and answers our prayers. He knows each one of us personally.
I love y'all and have a great week.
Love,
Sister Keys
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment