Friday, May 15, 2009

Back to K and F only, Baptismal Date-May 12, 2009

Howdy family and friends,

It was been another eventful week here in Texas. I found out a few days ago that Yahaida and Oscar got baptized!!! I am so happy for them.

Wed. we meet with Toroy and Sis. Turnbull. They are living with each other. Sister Turnbull use to be less-active. Toroy has been taking the lessons since Feb. They live in Mesquite. Anyways on wed. we talk them and it went really well. We talked about the law of chastity with them. They are now getting married May 23!!! And then Toroy wants to be baptized and he set a date for May 31!!! I am so excited for them. Sister Turnbull has 4 daughters and Toroy is perfect with her children. Sister Turnbull wants so badly to be married in the temple and now they are both on the road to being sealed as a family in the temple.

Transfers are this week and I am going back to just having the Kaufman and Forney wards. I will not be teaching Toroy anymore since they are in the Mesquite ward. But thankfully I am still in the same district so I can still go to the baptism! I am getting a new companion this week too. I will miss Sister Walch and Sister Joseph. It was a great three weeks with them.

We also had a really good lesson with Jose the other night. He made a list of all the pros and cons of getting baptized. It really helped us to better understand the things that are holding him back so that we can better help him. I know one day he will get there, we just need to be patient with him.

I love y'all and may God bless you this week. I know that this is Christ's church upon the earth. He leads and guides us through revelation to prophets. Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God. Heavenly Father does hear and answers all of our prayers.

Love,
Sister Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment