Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Temple, Exhange, and Leaving-March 30, 2009

Dear family and friends,

This past week was great and went by very fast. In fact this whole transfer went by fast. I can't believe I have already been out on my mission for over 6 months now. Where did the time go.

On Wed. Sister Gross and I were able to go to the Dallas Temple. As we were about to go into the session we ran into Sister Borg (my trainer). She was there with her companion too. It was so good to see her again especially inside the temple. I love going to the temple. It always feels me with such peace. You can not leave the temple in a bad mood, it always lifts your spirits. Then right after we got back into our area after the temple the Lord blessed us with a new investigator. We found a lady named Tina. Her and her family use to have sister missionaries come over to her house when she was back in elementry school. We taught her the Restoraton and she was greatly impressed with the Joseph Smith firts vision.

Friday we did an exchange with the Hermanas in Carrollton. I had the opportunity to spend the day with Hermana Schulte in Carrollton and Sister Gross and Hermana Brundage spent the day in Allen. It was great to be able to go to Carrollton and work along side Hermana Schulte. I learned so much from her. We were able to teach a few lessons that day and it was over all just a very spiritual day.

It is the end of another transfer and Sister Gross and I both being taken out of Allen. We got a call Sat. night to pack our bags and go to Transfers Tuesday morning. They are taking us Sisters out of the area and bring Elders back in. I can't believe Sisters are leaving the area already for Allen has only had Sisters since I got here. Sister Gross and I find it kind of funny because all of our investigators are women except for Steve. So we don't know how that is going to work for the Elders.

Looking back on my 6 months in Allen the Lord has blesses me so much. When Sister Borg and I got to Allen we only had 2 people we were teach and that was it. And now leaving we have about 5 people in 2nd ward and 8 people in 4th ward that we are teaching at this time. The Lord has been very merciful to us. I just pray these people will continue to come unto the Lord and make and keep commitments. It is hard to say good-bye to all the people in Allen, I am going to miss them. But at the same time I am kind of excited to go to a new area.

Well I love ya'll. And I hope everyone has a blessed week.

Love,
Sister Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment