Dear family and friends,
Can I just say I LOVE being a missionary and I love this work. This week I was transfered to a new area and I am now serving in Kaufman and Forney. We are about 20-30 min. east of Dallas. My new area is huge compared to my last area. The area is a whole county so very spreed out. There is so much work going on here and so much work to be done that we will be very busy trying to keep up with it all.
I also have a new companion. Her name is Sister Avila and she is great. I already love her so much and I am learning a lot from her. She is a great missionary but sadly for me I will only get to serve with her for about 3 weeks for she goes home April 20 to start school. I am grateful that the Lord is allowing me to serve with her even though it will be short. I know that this is were the Lord needs me and wants me to be at this time.
We are working with a lot of less-active and part member families here. I love doing this kind of work and helping families reach the ultimate goal of going to the temple and being sealed together as a family to time and all eternity.
General Conference was amazing. I loved every minute of it and did not want it to end. The time went by way to fast. I could have listened to the prophet and apostles speak for many more hours. And I can't wait for the talks to come out in next months Ensign so I can read them again and again. How grateful I am for a modern day prophet to know that the heavens are not closed. And that God does speak today in the same way He has always spoken through out all of history and that is through a prophet. God does not change, He is the same yesturday, today and forever. Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. Christ truly did suffer for all that we go through and because of that we are never alone. Turn to the Lord for He knows how to help us get through anything we might have to go through. We are never alone for the Lord is always there for us.
On Sunday between sessions Sister Avila and I were able to teach a young man for the first time. What a way to spend the time between sessions then teaching someone about the Restoration. We were able to teach only because his friend invited him to sit down with us and learn about the gospel. Members are truly the best finders!
I love ya'll!
Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Keys
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment