Monday, January 25, 2010

January 11, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,

It has been a very interesting week. I am excited for Saturday but sadly only Makori will be getting baptized. But I am very happy for him and that he is ready to make that covenant with God.

We did find Patty this week and talked to her on Wed. She is going through a lot of things right now. Her and Kenneth don't have money to get a marriage license and are facing some other issues. They are staying with some old friends. We set up a time to go back Friday night, but when we went back she was not home. So I tried again Sat. morning and the man they are staying with told me that he does not like Mormons and he will not allow Mormons into his home. Sadly we can't get in contact with her while she lives there. All I can do is pray she will move back in with the member again soon. But until then we can't teach her anymore.

And our other people with baptismal dates are gone too. So now we only have one baptism coming up. I am very grateful for Makori though and very excited to see him get baptized. He is a very humble man. He is the only investigator that has ever called me Sunday morning to check to see if we got him a ride to church. He is very prepared to enter into the waters of baptism.

On Friday Sister Aston had to have surgery. She had to have her tonsils removed. It all happened really fast. She has been sick most of the time she has been in Texas with her tonsils. On Thursday we went back to see the doctor. And he scheduled surgery to take them out for the next morning. So she has been in bed recoverying since then. That meant for me that I got to fly solo for the past few days. It was very overwhelming at first to think that I would have to do this work without a companion but the Lord has strenghtened me and helped me do it. Different sisters from the ward have been my companion for the day. I am just so grateful the Lord has given me the strength to do this and has guided me to know where to go.

I don't have much time today because I have to get Sister Aston back to bed quickly.

All my love,
Sister Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment