Dear family and friends,
I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas. And that y'all have a Happy New Year too!
The Lord just keeps pouring out blessings upon Sister Aston and me.
We had a great Christmas day and were able to spend time with both Patty and Shelly, who have baptismals dates for Jan. 16.
This week the Lord also helped us set two more baptismal dates!!! Makori is getting baptized on Jan 16. and Nancy will be getting baptized on Jan. 30. Now we have 3 people that will all be baptized on Jan. 16!!! The 16th will be one of the best days of my whole mission. Makori and Nancy both were referred to us by a member Bro. Anyona. Makori is Bro. Anyona's uncle and Nancy is his sister. They are all for Kenya.
Makori came to church on Sunday and a few days we had talked to him about getting baptized on Jan. 16 and he said he would pray about it and so it was not set for sure yet. But then at church on Sunday Makorie was talking to the Bishop and he told Bishop how excited he was for Jan. 16 and it was going to be a very special day for him. He loves to study everything out and after he received the new Priesthood manual for this year he told us he was going to go home tonight and read the whole thing.
Also on Sunday we were teaching Nancy the Plan of Salvation and while we were there a friend came by to pick up something. She introduced us but he was not to interested at this time. As he left though Nancy said to him, "Hopefully one day you will join the church too." Sister Aston and I looked at each other and thought, you can't get a clear sign than that, that she is ready to be baptized. At the end of the lesson we asked her to be baptized and she said she would love that. And like I said above we set the date for Jan. 30.
If y'all could keep Patty, Shelly, Makori, and Nancy in your prayers as they prepare for baptism that would be wonderful.
I just can't believe how much the Lord is blessing us. I feel like I have done nothing, it is all the Lord's work. I am nothing without the Lord and am very weak. Christ is my strength. I am reminded of this scripture in Alma 26:11-12, "...I do not boast of my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." That is how if feel. Jesus is the Christ. He is my Savior, my Brother, my Friend. And I will praise him all my days.
I love y'all. I pray this new year will bring you great joy and happiness.
Love,
Sister Keys
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment