Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Expect Miracles-August 31, 2009

Dear family and friends,

The Lord is very merciful. It has been a great week. We have witnessed so many miracles this week it is amazing. Expect miracles for they really do happen everyday. God is a God of miracles. Look for miracles everyday and then give thanks to God for them. As you look for them and I promise you that you will see them.

Tuesday we did an exchange. I spent the day down in McKinney with Sister Hokanson. I was fun to go back to an old area and see a few of the people I meet there. And I learned a lot from Sister Hokanson.

Wed. we had Zone Conference, which is always amazing and very uplifting. Pres. Smith talked about doing the difficult and hard things. We grow the most when we look for and do the difficult things. That is so true, I have never learned some much or grown so much my whole life then I am now on my mission. He told us to everyday find our wall of fire and then to walk through it. The Lord will strengthen us and help us every step of the way. The Lord is walking with us everyday.

Thur. we taught David. He has the strongest testimony of the gospel of anyone else I have ever taught. We asked him if he believed the Book of Mormon is true and without pausing he said "I know it is true." He wants to read all of the Book of Mormon before he is baptized and is in Alma right now. So we challenged him to read 8 pages a day and he could have it finished by Sept. 26 and be baptized that day. We made a reading calender with him and he agreed to be baptized Sept. 26! I am so excited for him. I realized that most miracles are people. We are the miracles and how God changes us and polishes us to something better.

Friday we had Interviews with Pres. Smith. This is always a great treat to sit down with the mission pres. and learn from him. He is called of God and very inspired.

I love this work. There is nothing I would rather be doing than be out serving the Lord. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. And I know Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. Thomas S. Monson is the living prophet today. Jesus Christ is my Savior and through Him we can be cleased from all sin. Be of good cheer for Christ has overcome all. And some day we can return to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again, along with our families! How grateful I am for the knowledge of eternal families. God has a plan for us and He is always there for us. He will never turn His back on us.

I love y'all. And pray that God will bless you this week with many miracles.

Love,
Sister Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment