Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Meetings and Members-June 20, 2009

Dear family and friends,

Another great week in the mission field has come and gone. Time flies by way to fast!

This week we had zone conference and interviews with the mission pres. I do love these meetings but they take so much. I found myself for the first time wishing that they would hurry and end so I could get back to work. I wanted to go knock some doors and share the gospel with people and not just sit there talking about how to do it. I do love going to these meetings to because you learn so much on how to be a better missionary.

We received a referral from the member we live with. He is a doctor and he told us to go visit one of his nurses. He even gave us a Book of Mormon with passages he had marked for her and a 4 page letter with his testimony on it to give to her. Sunday night we went over and met her, her name is Julie. She was very touched by his gift and agreed to take the missionary lessons. It felt so good to tell him last night how our meeting with Julie went. And to just see the joy he felt and how excited he was is price less. I love seeing members excited about missionary work. We can not do this work with out the help of members. I am learning more and more how important they are in this work. It is so important that people have friends in the gospel.

We were also blessed this week to be able to see 4 less-active people come back to church for the first time in awhile. It is so amazing seeing people come back.

I love this work. There is no greater joy that comes then when we are about the Lord's work. No one is lost to the Lord.

I love y'all.

Love,
Sister Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment