Monday, March 23, 2009

Rain, Zone Conf., and Suprises-March 16, 2009

Howdy family and friends,

This week it has been very cold and wet. It rained almost all week and was only in the 30-40s. My body does not like these sudden 30 degrees change in temp. We did a lot of tracking in the rain for most of our appointments cancelled on us this week. And not many people wanted to talk to us in the cold and rain so they would quickly close the door on us. But it is the start of a new week and nicer weather so things are going to go better this week!

On Wed. we had zone conf. I love going to zone conf. and learning from Pres. and Sister Smith and the Assistants to the Pres. They always give very uplifting messages. This transfer we are focusing on teaching with the Book of Mormon. I love the Book of Mormon and I know it is the word of God. By truly studying and living the teachings found in the Book of Mormon we will grow closer to the Lord.

Two Sundays ago we had a lady, named Elizabeth, just walk into church. The bishop's wife of one of the other wards invited her to church and she finally decided to come. Upon talking to her we found out that she is a member but stopped going to church when she was in high school, which was in the 1980s. She agreed to let us come over and meet with her. Since she has not been to church in a long time she doesn't really remember anything. This week we taught her about the Restoration and again she came to church on Sunday. Elizabeth has such a hunger and desire to learn. I love seeing that drive to want to know in people. We are meeting with her again tonight, and I am looking forward to that. No one in our ward knew about Elizabeth, but the Lord knew were she was. We are never lost to the Lord, and I loving seeing the Lord's hands in this work and how He guides people back into His fold. It was a miracles how very thing happened and a huge blessing to Sister Gross and I in meeting her this week.

Last night we were going to a member’s home to teach them how to be a member missionary. When we got there the mother told us that her daughter was on her way and that she was bringing a non member who had lots of questions about our church. This was a huge surprise to us and not something we were expecting to happen. They showed up and we taught him about the Restoration and he was very open and interested in learning more. After we asked how they knew each other and came to find out that they met just recently at the restaurant that he works at. He was her waiter, I think, and they started to talk about religion. They have talked for a few days now over the Internet about the church. And she invited him to hear the missionary lesson when she found out we were coming over. There are missionary opportunities all around us if we just look for them. The Lord will put people that are prepared into our path if we are willing to open our mouths and share the gospel with them.

Well I love y'all.
Love,
Sister Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment