Dear family and friends,
First thank you everyone for the birthday cards and presents. I had a very good birthday. On my birthday we taught Francine again for the first time in almost 2 months. She was again agreed to let us teach her but she doesn't want to be stressed or pushed about baptism. So we are going to take things slow with her for now and hopefully one day she will make that covenant with the Lord. And also on my birthday the Lord blessed us with a new investigator, we taught her the plan of salvation and it went well. We will be meeting with her again this week. The Lord blessed us with many miracles that day.
On Wed. we had interviews with Pres. Smith. I love having this one on one time with Pres. Smith and being able to receive personal guidance and counsel from him. He truly is an inspired man. Sister Gross had to announce that the next day was my birthday at the end of interviews so the whole zone sang to me.
We have been teaching an 85 year old lady named Noreen for a few weeks now. She is so fun and has lots of questions. Last night we went over to finish teaching her the Restoration. We finished talking about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon when Noreen asked us but how do you believe that Jesus Christ really did rise again on the third day. We felt like we needed to watch the movie 'Finding Faith in Christ' with her. So we watch that movie (by the way if you have not seen that one it is a great movie to watch and to share with others!). After the movie we talked about it and I shared a few scriptures with her, then I bore my testimony of how I knew Jesus Christ lives today. When I finished bearing my testimony Noreen made a comment that touched me. She said that she could tell by looking into my eyes that I really do believe all this. It made me stop and think for a few min. that yes I really do believe it. And it helped to strengthen my own testimony more in Jesus Christ and His gospel. I know that Jesus is the Christ. He is our Savior and Redeemer. And I Know that He Lives!!! He is watching over us and is with us every step of the way. We have the testimonies of so many witnesses both in olden times and modern times that how can we doubt that He lives.
I love y'all.
Love,
Sister Keys
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment