Friday, February 26, 2010

January 25, 2010

Dear Family and Friends, Jeanne has asked me to forward her letter to me this week to you all. She didn't have enough time on the computer to type two letters. Jay is doing better by the power of the preisthood he is still here with us, so that Jeanne my finish her mission and return home to see him. So I will share my letter with you. She is amazing and her spiritually is a strength to our home. May the Lord bless all of you that have helped her and our family. We send you all our love. Love, Jody

Dear Mom,

Thank you so much for sharing this story with me. I am grateful you called Pres. Smith and that you let me know all that was going on at home.

When President Smith called the first time we were not by our phone, he left a message for me to call him back. Of course I was very worried to call him back trying to think of all the reasons why he would call me for he doesn't call often. President told me a lot of what you told him but truthfully it didn't all sink in at the time because I was just waiting for the news to know if dad was still alive. All I really remember from his phone call was the part about dad's blessing. That was all I needed to hear and this brought great comfort to me. I knew everything was going to be alright. I got off the phone with him and went straigth back to work and taught a lesson to Chetari.

When we got in that night I asked Bro. Cooper to give me a priesthood blessing. How grateful I am to live with the Coopers. I don't know what I would do without Bro. and Sis. Cooper. Bro. Cooper gave me a very sweet blessing. But again I don't remember most of what was said. I just remember the feelings of comfort and peace. I know God is with y'all and watching over the family for me. I will finish off me mission stronger than ever and many miracles are going to happen this last transfer.

Thank you again for telling me and letting me know what is going on. Don't worry about me at all for I am doing great, the Lord is my strength. I wish there was more I could do for the family. But I know this is where I am suppose to be at this time. I know I am suppose to be here on my mission serving the Lord and his children.

How grateful I am for the power of the priesthood and to have worthy members in our family holding it. God is very loving. And He is a God of miracles.

My week has gone great we were blessed to see many miracles. My new companions are Sister Lund and Sister Phillips. Both are from Utah. Sister Lund has been out of almost 8 months and Sister Lund for about 5 months. They are both great missionaries. I am very grateful to be serving with them and I know we will see many miracles.

This week we taught Michel. He is a man we have been teaching for a few months. He has to drive to Dallas 3 times a week for dialysis so it is hard to meet with him sometimes. But we taught him 2 times this week and he came to church for the first time on Sunday. He is thinking about getting baptized on Feb. 20th and hopefully this week we can set the date for sure.

We also taught David, the nephew of a member, and he is thinking about baptism too. He has a few things he needs to overcome first but I know he will get there. We taught him the Plan of Salvation Sat. and then at church he came up to me and thanked me for the lesson. He told me he agreed with everything we have taught him.

The Lord also blessed us with 6 new investigators this week. So the work continues to more forward. There are so many people here in Sherman that have been prepared to receive the fulness of the gospel and I love getting out there and finding them. Angels are all around us going before us preparing the way.

Mom you are a wonder woman. Your strength and faith have always amazed me. I could not ask for better parents and family. Stay strong and rely on the Lord things will be ok these next few weeks. The Lord is with you.

The Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. He suffered everything for us. He understands and will not leave us comfortless. Let the Atonement of Christ give you peace and comfort.

I love you so very much. Sending you a big hug and kiss!!! I can't tell you enough how much I love you and the blessing you are in my life.

Love,
Sister Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment