Friday, December 18, 2009

A Message-November 30,2009

Dear family and friends,

Well I hope y'all had a very enjoyable Thanksgiving. I can't believe that Thanksgiving has already come and gone and Christmas is fast approaching. Sometimes I wish I could slow time down just a little but alas I can not. It makes me think how important it is to not waste time and enjoy every moment for we can't get it back once it has past.

This week I want to quickly tell y'all about a lady named Patty. Things were going a little slow this week and we did not have many teaching appts. because of the holiday week but we kept working hard and trying to know where and what the Lord wanted us to be doing. During this time of struggle, on Wed, we received a message from one of the members in our ward, who we happened to have dinner scheduled for Friday. In the message she said how she had a friend named Patty who wants us to teach her and baptize her, and so when we come to dinner on Friday we can talk to her. This was one of the best messages left on my phone my whole mission. I love it when members share the gospel with their friends!

On Friday we went to dinner and met Patty. As we talked to her we found out she has come to church a few times before and loved it. In the other church she was going to she told us she always felt a little empty inside but when she comes to our church she feels full. She told us she wants to get closer to Chirst and believes she can through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the past couple days she has been praying to know were the Lord wants her to be and feels her answer is in this church. She is so excited to learn and is like a sponge just soaking everything up that she can. We asked her if she would be baptized when she comes to find out the church is true and whole heartly she said yes. We went back over again on Sunday and taught her more about the Restoration. She is already reading a chapter from the Book of Mormon along with a chapter for the Bible ever single day! Patty is amazing and has a great desire to know the truth for herself. Miracles continue to happen every single day.

I know the Church of Jesus Chirst of Latter-day Saints is Christ's church on the earth today, it is the true church. And we can become closer to Jesus Chirst through living his gospel. Jesus Chirst is my Savior and King. I know he suffered and died for me. It is only through Him that we are saved in the kingdom of God.

I love y'all. Have a great first week of Dec.

Love,
Sister Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment