Howdy Family and friends,
This week has been amazing. It was been the best week on my mission so far.
On Wed. we had zone conference and Elder Allan Packer and his wife came. Elder Packer is a member of the seventy. It was a very good conference and I loved hearing from general authority. That night Elder and Sister Packer also held a devotional for investigators and recent converts. We were able to take Yahida and Oscar to that and they liked it. At the end of the meeting Elder and Sister Packer shock hands with everyone. We asked Oscar how he felt after and he said he felt nervous at first before he shock Elder Packers hand but as he shock his hand he felt peace and comfortable. The general authority really does have power from on high and are men called of God.
Friday Mervin got baptized! The whole baptismal program was done by the priest in the ward, they did a wonderful job. The Spirit was very strong there. At the end Mervin stood up and bore his testimony and said how he know this was the right place for him and thanked all the young men for helping he make the right choices and being great examples to him. Mervin was confirmed and given the gift of the Holy Ghost during church on Sunday. I am just so happy I was able to witness this happening.
Saturday, Valentine's Day, Geneva and Polo got married. It was a small and simple wedding done at the church by the bishop, but very good. Geneva will be baptized this next Saturday Feb 21.
Well, transfers are this Tuesday, tomorrow. And I am moving again but I will still be serving in Allen. I find it funny that I will now have lived in 3 different homes but only served in one area. Sister Borg is being transferred and Sister Gross and I will be staying and serving in Allen 2 and 4 ward. McKinney 3rd ward will no longer be part of our area. I am going to miss the people up there for I love them so much. This transfer I will be losing my trainer and that is weird. I will miss Sister Borg and pray that I can do this without her. She was been a great trainer and has taught me so much. I think they are moving us into a member’s home in Allen and finally for the first time on my mission I am going to be living in my area.
Well, I love y'all and hope y'all have a great week. This church is true. Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world.
Love,
Sister Keys
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment