Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sisters, Ice, Interviews, and more-February 2, 2009

Here is a part of the letter that Jeanne sent her mom...

Mom,
Geneva is doing well still but we have not been able to catch Polo again but we will continue to work on that. And we have not seen Donnie in a while, we can't get a hold of her and don't know what is going on there. Yahida is still out of town helping her mom, who got in a car accident, so we have not seen them this week either. But we still have had some great appointments and the Lord is truly blessing us with lots of people to teach. We stay very busy, I love it.

I hope all goes well for Julie today. She is in my prayers.

I have not yet received your box but hopefully it will come this week. The weather here was a little crazy so that might have slowed the mail down. We are still doing ok with out chocolate but Sister Borg is now having dreams about eating chocolate. And we are looking forward to the Monday night before transfers for that is the night we can have it again and we are already planning a chocolate feast!

This Friday we had to do splits and guess who was my companion for the night. Sandra Woodrum! Do you remember her? She was in the Hazelcrest ward back in Las Vegas and she says she used to be your visiting teacher. She says hello. It was so cool to see someone for Las Vegas and that I kind of knew. She says I look a lot like you and I remind her of you. I was so happy to hear this, for I am very proud to be your daughter. You are the best mom I could ever ask for. Thanks for all that you do. If it was not for you and your example I would not be out here on a mission. So thank you so much for everything, you do more good than you know!

I love you with all my heart,
Sister Keys

And here is the letter for this week.

Dear family and friends,

This week has been great. Last Monday we had a Sister Conference for all the sister missionaries in the mission, which there are only 17 of us. We met at the mission home and had a great meet with Pres and Sister Smith. It was so good to just be around all the other sisters for once and learn from them. We have some great sisters out here. And they let us watch the movie “The Errand of Angels" which was fun to watch with a bunch of other missionaries.

Tuesday and Wednesday morning we had an ice storm. They told us we were not allowed to drive these two days. My companions and I did not want to just stay inside all day long and we felt like this would be a lot of wasted time, so we decided we were going to walk. We still do not live in our area so we first had to walk into our area. It was great we had so many layers on. We left our apartment around 1:00 and got back around 7:00 on Tuesday. By the time we got home I could not feel my feet and I think I might have gotten frost bite on my right foot but it is all good and back to normal now, so don't worry mom! We stayed in Wed. morning and by noon they let us drive again for all the ice was pretty melted by then. When we went to get into our car there was about an inch of ice covering the whole car. Then by this weekend it was back up into the 70s. Only in Texas can you have three seasons in one week, we had fall, winter, and then spring all this week.

On Friday we had Pres interviews. I love Pres. and Sister Smith; they are the best mission pres. ever! Pres. Smith talked to me about how sometimes we never know what good we are doing. Sometimes we never see the fruits of our labors, but never give up for we are changing and blessing lives for the better. You are never a failure until you give up trying, so never give up.

Yesterday we had a new investigator come to church. His name is Keith. He came to sacrament meeting and then Sunday school. After the lesson in Sunday school was over he told everyone in class that it was his first time coming to church and how much he loved it. He said he had learned a lot and it was very enlightening and uplifting. Then he said told everyone that he will be coming back again next week!!! It is so great to see the Spirit touch people's hearts.

After church we went over to Steve's. We took some Priesthood holders with us and they gave Steve a blessing to help him stop smoking. It was a very powerful blessing and the spirit was very strong. Yesterday was day 3 of no smoking for him. He has never made it past 3 days before when he tried to stop smoking. The Lord is really helping him and watching over him.

I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church. Jesus Christ is the head of this church and He is watching over us. He is always there for us. We are all children on God.

I love y'all and hope you have a blessed week.

Love, Sister Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment